Login Form


Here are Princeville's most frequently asked questions.

How do I get my electricity turned on?

(citizens of the Princeville community receive electricity from one of these two power companies)

Edgecombe-Martin County Electric Membership Corporation EMEMC
P.O. Box 188
679 N.C. Hwy. 33 East
Tarboro, NC 27886-0188
252-823-2171, Fax: 252-823-4535

Dominion NC Power
1-886-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357)

Who picks up my yard waste garbage?

Yard waste and garbage is collected by Waste Industries.

Do I need a business license?

All businesses, either operating in or based in Princeville, contact Town Hall for more information: 252-823-1057.

Do I need a building permit?

Most building projects, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing work are required to be inspected. All inspections in Princeville are handled by the Edgecombe County Inspections Department. Prior to obtaining your building permit from Edgecombe County, you must obtain a Zoning Compliance Permit from the town. Contact Town Hall for more information: 252-823-1057.

How do I get my water turned on?

Contact the Edgecombe County Water and Sewer
P.O. Box 10
201 St. Andrew St.
Tarboro, NC 27886

How do I get a trashcan?

Contact Town Hall at 252-823-1057